Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What stress can do to a person

No very interesting activites over the past week for me. Except that SH has given birth to a cute baby gal on Sunday. KH oso become a father on last fri when his wife gave birth to a baby daughter oso....Congrats! Today is oso LQ birthday! Happy birthday!

I received 2 smses from my ex teachers back in Clementi Town on monday nite while i was doing my nite shift. It was regarding CTSS 26th Anniversary Reunion Dinner cum Fund raising for their new building's non standard facilities. I've done my part to try to gather pple from my class to form a table...which is still possible even though we haf graduated 10 years already! But...unfortunately, none of us is interested...even myself...think of it this way...We gotta pay $80 per head to dine in an open space! and to eat a low quality 8 course dinner(our expectation of the meal standard), and also haf almost no time to interact with our ex teachers...cos they will be so busy wif their own work and to entertain other students. We certainly think that it's not worth it. Becos of that, i replied one of my teacher that most of us find the cost too expensive and hence we are not keen....this was the reply I've received from her:

"pls tell your friends that the 80 bucks is less than the amount u can get from all the help, support, coaching from all ur teachers in the 4 years in CTSS. Is that what they hv learnt in sch? 忘本 and no 饮水思源???"

On reading that msg, the 1st instinct to me was that:

  • the response for the dinner muz be damn poor that teachers are getting the pressure and stress; and they are starting to call up any ex student whom they can contact with.
  • WTH, y is she using such an 'commanding' tone in this message?? y is she using such strong words like 忘本 and 饮水思源?????? Didn't she know that i'm no longer wear the white and brown uniform???

Because i still respect her as my teacher, i did not rebuke and just sent her a "i'll try to persuade them again msg" reply.

I called up XY, my former classmate from CTSS, and also that teacher's cousin to discuss about the issue, and complaint about how unhappy i was to see that msg....

If i wanna rebuke her, i could jolly well say that:

  • i agree that i owe my success to some of my teachers in CTSS, but unfortunately, the one whom i'm most indebted to has already left the sch.....With the $80, i rather treat her to a buffet at Ritz Carlton, and $80 is probably enuff to cover the cost for 2 person.
  • you dun haf to use such commanding tone on me, even though i still respect u as my teacher.
  • My class can easily haf a reunion dinner anytime we want and $80 per head is probably sufficient for us to REUNION for a few times at an even more comfortable dining environment.
  • It's insulting to use money to value how much we feel for our teachers. I'm so sure that my most respected teacher will not say such things to me.

I do understand what stress can do to a person, because i believe she is one of the organizer for the event, and she is under intense pressure to produce the desired outcome. So this serves as a lesson to myself too.....

Out of boredom at home few days ago, i've decided to try out a few tests and it yielded the following results:

You Are 42% Feminine, 58% Masculine

You are in touch with both your feminine and masculine sides.
You're sensitive at the right times, but you don't let your emotions overwhelm you.
You're not a eunuch, just the best of both genders.



You Are 56% Open Minded

You are a very open minded person, but you're also well grounded.
Tolerant and flexible, you appreciate most lifestyles and viewpoints.
But you also know where you stand firm, and you can draw that line.
You're open to considering every possibility - but in the end, you stand true to yourself.



You Are 64% Pure

Well, you're not exactly an angel - but you're pretty darn close.
But chances are, you have a couple juicy secrets deep in your closet.
I dunno how true they are....Up to you all to judge.
Anyway last nite....i was interrogated by this person........and i dunno how cum the conversation somehow lead to sensitive issues like relationship.....and even more.......Again, i was questioned on why I remained a Bachelor even though i've reached an age of 25, and i was pretty disturbed when a comment was made on me.......
What i can say is: 千金易得,知己难求. I would not go into a relationship becos I want 'something that all guys want'. I dun blame the person for not understanding me enuff, becos we only known each other for less than 2 mths. My stand is that i would rather remain at my present status than to change my status for the wrong person and wrong reason. Something i am very sure is that I would not resort to deviant behaviors and this incident is sufficient to prove that. Somehow seeing 2 like poles on the streets together makes me feels disgusted. I may accept my frens who belong to this category, but that doesn't mean that i am likely to indulge myself in it....
I hope this is a satisfactory answer to your doubts about me. Trust that there is no hard feelings involved, but somehow i got quite tired always gotta explain my stand over and over again, though some find it lame, but that's my stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home