Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Friday, April 10, 2009

NP2 - 2 Mar - 9 Apr 09: Almost Perfect Ending :)

6 weeks come and go so swiftly again, and it's time to say Goodbye to my 7th complete batch of Polytechnic Trainees from Ngee Ann Polytechnic Group 2.


This group of Trainees, without fail, challenged some of my records in ITE/Poly Training once again........

I broke the record in the issuance of the number of reminder/ counseling forms for this batch....i counted: 17. With the first one on day 2......

I have to agree that this class is not the strongest in terms of academic aptitude i have taken all these while. But i was touched and surprised by their desire to want to do well. For the 1st time, i have students who come to me to request for additional remedial session on a weekend, and that many of them started to call their lecturers frantically after i agreed but requested for a LT as i need to use the projector. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that 27/28 turned up, and 25 of them turned up on time at LT77 before 9am (on a weekend!). Their efforts did pay off. When the ranking of the final exam marks were released, the class finished 1st on average scores (at a close shave) with the highest passing percentage. I see that as a major value-added performance :). With a student making an all time biggest jump in ranking from 135/182 in the mid term to 19/ 182 in the final term paper. That proven to me one point again, IT'S NOT THE APTITUDE BUT THE ATTITUDE THAT DETERMINES THE ALTITUDE!

For the 2nd time we implemented the min 50% for all components to pass the training, NP-2 was the only class this time round who managed to graduate with a PERFECT ENDING.....with everybody managed to obtain the Graduation Certificate on the same day.

The graduation ceremony was indeed a 'memorable' one. It reali puts our Emergency Response Preparedness to a test. Luckily it was 有惊无险. and the ceremony eventually did proceed.


Now check out the presents and treatment i've received from them on the Graduation Day....

Everyone "牺牲色相" juz to prepare for the present......

Even i myself, was not spared.....

To make this:



I tink they had a great time impersonating me.....

My PIERCING STARES when students yawned impolitely during class....

I seriously think i dun usually do this, as i usually point to pple using my thumb...unlike Mark who points with his fingers always shaking as if he got PARKINSONS.........lol..

"DON'T BE A KUKU" ; "WHACK YOU THEN U NOE"......has become my signature gestures and phrases among my students somehow......lol...

yes...they made it specially for me......

i reali dunno why they haf this impression that i love to patronize dragonfly.....if u searched my archive long enough, u would have known that i dun love to go there....simply becos of disgusting WILLIAM SCORPION.....when was the last time i went clubbing????????? i've lost count...honestly......juz look at them trying to feign the DRAGONFLY wings......lol



I always have a small group of students whom always make a name for themselves....this time there is no exception.....with the Red Bull Gang, which i call them....


I dun see them as bad natured students. i see myself during the 6 weeks to have to hold on to an "invisible cane" everyday on my hand to push them to move and to keep up with the standards. for the 1st 2 weeks, they were at my office almost everyday, not for consultations, but for counseling. for various reasons - like failing examinations, improper behavior and attire counselings, sleeping or using mobile phones during class, etc.

One of them was apparently constantly being counselled by me for improper body languages and behavior. Her behavior and looks reali reminded me of the Dowager of CN4/06 - ZJ... with the WHOLE WORLD OWE HER $$$$$$$ LOOK. On the last day i did tell her : you shld look more happy everyday.....lol......

I was glad that they did move, and I did see that they put in effort eventually -- forcing RED BULL down their throat everyday to make sure they stay awake and attentive during class, all turning up for the extra revision session on the weekend back in Ngee Ann. In fact all of them managed to pass the Final examination. one of them finished in the top 20% if i din remember wrongly.

From the way they behave on the last day, I believe that they know that my LOVE LETTERS, 'caning' and scoldings were for their own good. One of them actually thanked me for all the 'love' letters given to her all these while...I take it positively..lol.






Thanks NP-2, you have created another memorable chapter in my life. You will be remembered....just like how i remember all my 6 previous batches.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Cedric aka JunHao! said...

Thanks!

I think NP2 also had a really fun time with you. 6 weeks is not long and its not short. Before entering CPTC, i'm like wondering how can I actually survive here for 6 weeks?! But I did, we all did.

From the boring lectures, everyday just waiting for 4pm to come, till towards the end at shift work, where weijun syida and me got scared by each other, to troubleshooting at the non condensible line, all the way to fire fighting practicals, where everyone wants to be soaked wet and not wanting the practical to end. All these fond memories shall always be in our mind.

P.S Leatrice, Joey and I are organising a BBQ soon. Will update you about it once we confirm.

Take care!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Leatrice said...

Thanks Mr Koh!!!

Yup..realli enjoyed myself in CPTC. i believe e rest enjoyed it too..hehe..learnt a lot of things from u..and so touched on wat u said abt us..dunno y my tears came out..haha

Still remember the first day of CPTC, so afraid of u. Because of ur fierce stare but after a few week, i have a better impression of u begining fierce. i will always remember these memories.

take care!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger harky said...

Oops...i neva knew the way i write could be so affecting :)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home