Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Friday, October 10, 2008

NYP-2: 1 Sep - 10 Oct 08


Just when I thought ITE/Poly Training has become history for me, my 6th full batch of ITE/Poly Training had come to an end, in a twinkling of an eye.

These 6 weeks have been really hectic. from the fact that i need to really multi task to a great deal at office. There are certainly many memorable events or even reflections that i will remember.

1st day of training
perhaps this is the 1st time in history in my 2 year plus of student training that a student was reduced to tears right on her 1st day of training.

Honestly i was caught by a SHOCK then oso. Becos i did not even scold or raise my voice at the student.

Perhaps that was when i became the fear factor of the class, and i got the nicknames like 'piercing stares; intimidating voice"; etc. lol


Shift Work

I tink this is the 1st time i actually agreed to play games with my students during their shift work.

Still remembered it was on one occasion when i caught some students playing 'hang man' on the pantry white board during their meal time. I wasn't happy initially, but within seconds this idea struck my head and i decided to join them in the game.

Each time a question was set, they were made to guess technical terms, and each time the correct answer was given, the students were made to explain the concepts about the answer, and it reali turned into a mini final examination revision session. seems that the students enjoyed it though. and i was quoted by NYP-3's top student (who was in my shift team then) during her thank you speech when she received the Excellence Awards, that she would never forget TEIKOKU ROTARY GUARD.

Completed the 4-Poly tour
with the completion of NYP-2 Sep 08 batch of training, it marked the completion of my round tour of Poly training as i managed to teach the students from all 4 polytechnics..

There are reali very distinct differences among the different students from their respective polytechnics.

Anyway check out some of the class photos taken first before i continue:

No cameras allowed in the plant, so i guess the class gotta thank the person who stood juz before the door and having to tolerate the auto door keep on opening and closing juz to take a pic for us, since we cannot cross the boundary.







Check out some of the heart warming gifts i received from pple in the class. Number 23 has a special meaning wor....it simply means that the class has 23 students.

I also gotta mention about the video the class made for me. It was an earnest production, and it was heartwarming and touching. Thanks!


Most number of girls

well NYP-2 is the 1st time in which the girls form about 2/3 of the class, when usually that's the reverse. taking care of more girls, i would say it's more challenging. we haf to agree they lose out in the physical aspect in terms of strength and fitness. but i haf to say that this grp of girls are quite fun to be with.


Mixed feelings

Perhaps it's time to share about some seemingly less pleasant stuff.

On friday, my heart was pretty in a state of 'mixed' feelings.

Yes, many feel that i should be happy, from the fact NYP-2 created a record -- as in broke the best examination results in my history of conducting poly training. They beat the record set by TP1/May 2008 and there were 11 students from my class filling the top 20 positions in the final exam out of 120+ students. But it wasn't a perfect ending. because not all from my class managed to receive the graduation certificate then. Words can't describe my feelings, when the students actually broke down before me, and hearing voices appealing for help for them to clear the supp paper on saturday. It seems that I was the only person calling up my failures and i haf to admit that the move to make the phone call was terrible, and to be the person to break the news. But I simply can't juz sit back and claim that 'they are not my responsibility' to inform, to lend a helping hand, and to revise like some other people did. i feel sad for the whoever students, to have adored this wrong person who is only a seemingly Nice Person Wannabe.

I do hope that the not yet competent students in my class will be able to make it on saturday.


Next incident you may find it hard to believe it's happening among the poly students.
Though it's not the 1st time such things happened, but this time rd it is happening to me.

Perhaps my class reali did exceptionally well for the final exams, and that had caused the jealousy or even sour grapes among other people. It's inevitable that people will turn red-eyed by my class results. As a result, false accusations start to befall. I do hold a clear conscience towards what i am doing so i got nothing to fear, and i am thankful to have a group of righteous colleagues who hold strong faith in my personality, professionalism and dedication towards my job and my students. The rumours is not going to affect me, rather it simply reflect the level of personality and maturity those 'accusers' have, and it is a reaffirmation to my teammates and my boss of my capability and it is a recognition of the effort i put in to ensure i push my students to produce their best results which some of them may never thought they could achieve. Of course i would have to attribute my students success mainly due to their team work and helping spirit. I was impressed that they actually went back to school to form a study group to help out one another in their revision, and making efforts to make sure that the weaker students do not lag behind . They have a reason to do well.

One of my student actually made a ranking jump of more than 70 places, which says one point about them that: "if you want to do well, it is possible", though u may be some slacker or lag behind person back in school as compared to your fellow peers. it is a positive encouragement to my future students, if i were to take ITE/Poly training in the future again, which is not very likely due to my other job commitments.

I am extremely comforted to know that i actually made a difference to the lives of some of my students, and that i had left some positive foot marks in a short chapter of their lives. I do feel successful, like what Lupita Jones had said before, when you lend a helping hand, when you created a positive difference, you'll feel happy, and you are considered successful.


I have to say that my top student who achieved the Excellence Award got it at quite a close shave. Because the difference between my no1 and no2 is only 0.02 mark. That emphasize the importance of each single mark they could achieve in order to make a possible difference.


Since we started the Excellence Award back in May 07, my idea though, the competition in my class is always fierce and strong. If i could recall, the 6 top students in my classes up to date are as follows:

NP3 Sep 06: Arthur Tan
SP1 Feb 07: Yeo Tin Wei
TP7 May 08: Tang Chung Hang
SP2 Feb 08: Mohd Noor
TP1 May 08: Ivan Ng
NYP2 Sep 08: Wong Guan Qi

Seemed like I hold a favouritism to guys, but it's not true. in fact, for every batch, i had always pray that my 'new' top student would be a girl, but i always ended up in 'disappointment'. We shall see whether the list will get to continue.


Back to my work, and probably my school work...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home