Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Friday, May 18, 2007

TP7



Once again, another 6 weeks passed in a twinkle of an eye, and my 3rd full batch of students have all successfully graduated from their attachment. My class is none other than Temasek Poly Group 7.

Honestly speaking, this class has been the most challenging so far, cos this was the 1st batch of students who have drained alot of my energy because i had to go after people for watever kind of disciplinary reasons which was never the case for any of my previous batches of students. Nonetheless, i would haf to say that they are still a group of adorable students whom i'll hardly forget. It was also through this batch that i felt a greater sense of purpose and accomplishment because i hope i had did my part to pull someone who was from a state of despair from his studies back from a point of no return. I never expected him to come to speak to me on his own initiative becos i tot he would have been so traumatized by me after all my counselling, scolding and nagging. But he did it today, after the graduation ceremony, i was touched, and it was when i decided to leave him some last words to do my last part i could as a teacher and that was what i've said:

"You have proven to me and yourself that if you wanna achieve something and willing to put in the effort, you can achieve success as i could see that from your performance in your training"

"Make sure you'll take care of yourself, continue to work hard and get your diploma"

"Lastly, do not let your troubles in life become an excuse for all your setbacks, instead you should turn them into a strength for you to want to subdue and conquer them to achieve the successes you want in life" --- doesn't sound like something that will come out from my mouth rite???? lol

Another student whom i felt i wanted to highlight was the student whom i had awarded the EXCELLENCE AWARD to. He was another one who had 领教 my FULL FORCE scolding b4, for some kind of tactless, insensitive actions (imagine the voice of my scolding could penetrate through the walls to reach the ears of my colleagues in office and also through the counselling room doors and nearly 5 metres to reach the ears of his friends) . Every of his coursemates, even himself, was surprised to hear his name being called up to go on stage to receive the award and he was even apologizing in his message to me written on the thank you card that i received from the class. All my colleagues noticed 1 x shocked look. I remembered during the tea reception, some of his friends, including himself asked me how come he could get the award despite his 'past records' and my reply was something like this:

"in my opinion, i believe this award is well deserved. No doubt you did not top in any of the 3 assessment criteria for the award among the nominees (in fact he was placed no. 2 for all catogeries), but eventually u did turn out to achieve the best overall performance among all. As for your past records, i believed you have displayed the courage to admit and learn from your mistake, and more importantly, you have displayed to me that u were truly repentent as seen from your attitude towards your work. Dun u tink it's something more valuable???"--Does it sound like something dat'll come out from my mouth too???

Of course, i dun mean that all my future students should intentionally commit offences for me to go after and shout at them in an attempt to get the award....

Though my journey with them is short, but, like all my other form classes, fond memories of this group will remain though.

Thank you , TP7 for the memories you all have given me, and also the card.

Also, thanks to Tp1 for their card too.

Here are some of the class group shots.

Last day of practical training
Last day of shift training: when we INTENTIONALLY grabbed all tools we could find at the workshop. Can you find the 3 types of pipe wrench with different sizes?
A long day of troubleshooting
Tired faces after a hard day's work

Hopefully i will be able to get from my students the fotos we have taken on their graduation day and post them soon though.

For once, after 12 weeks of 'torturing' by the students, we could get some peace at office and have a sumptuous and 'take our own sweet time' lunch session among all fellow trainers. and below was wat we had for dessert!! We have great adaptability don't we????

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm touched =)
hope Az**e and Ch**g H**g will see
(you get me??)
wat?? durians?? nv treat =(
i'll send you the pics soon
cya in the near future (hopefully)

hazel

12:06 AM  
Blogger harky said...

we last min go out and buy in de leh...only after u all had left...

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the place must be really stinky then =( i'll just make up my cravings for durian with liu lian gao (durian kueh?) from malaysia
D24?? haha
eeuu..


Hazel

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i meant stop my cravings.. =P

12:15 PM  
Blogger harky said...

the place wasn't stinky at all, it was unanimously agreed among ALL trainers that the durian fragrance was superb :)Cos most of us are durian lovers!

durian cake taste is so artificial and sweet, i neva liked it ...lol

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg durian in pantry? u guys must haf stink up the whole place =\

12:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa^^ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat to do??
when i dun have fresh durian??
durian at BBQ yeh!!!! =P
i dun believe.. no stench at all???

Hazel

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Durians??
I'm so envious!
U all don;t like me la. When i was around, got no durians. When i left CPTC, then go durians!
No fair!
Hahaha! Never mind, next time when i come visit u all in JI, i will buy my own durians! Hahaha!
Missing u guys super much here in Australia man. Can;t wait to be back home soon and meet up with u guys!

12:57 AM  
Blogger harky said...

No prob DARRRRLING..we'll go for another durian session when u r back! and oso a KTV SESSION!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home