Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Friday, September 22, 2006

3 weeks have passed

Time at office with the students around seemed to 'fly', and 3 weeks had already passed, without me realising it. I'm pretty thankful that my students are generally well behaved so far, giving me little disciplinary problems. So i could fully concentrate on teaching and doing lesson preparations. Last nite I finally decided to give myself a breather to go for a sumptuous buffet at the Sakura outlet opposite my former school, the "World Class University" :s. The meal made me sooooo full that it made me even more sleepy on my way home, and once i reached home, i headed straight to bed immediately my shower. My job has indeed drained much of my energy away everyday......but i'm enjoying what i'm doing, even though the path is; expectedly not smooth due to the steep learning curve i need to follow. But looking at it from a different perspective, I'm glad that I am FORCED to improve on myself so that i can meet the standards that i set for myself, and my students. Things would have been so much more different if i had decided to teach in a secondary school. Nonetheless, I'm happy that my decision to stay in my present job had further enriched me both intellectually, and emotionally.

One incident that Struck me today was during my inspection of the pantry when my students were tasked to perform their routine duty today. There were some food particles on the floor, which the students were expected to clear them. One of my student picked up the litter, as a form of duty, and he made a comment:

"我在家里从来没碰过扫把" meaning that he had never touched a broom before at home.

I told him straightaway:

"it means that you are too pampered, you say that to your sergeant when u enter the army, and he'll make sure that the broom become your best friend"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home