Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Monday, March 26, 2007

The MERLIONs

It's a good break from work though, and i could finally say that i am finally on my way to recovery, since i could be spared from all the shouting on the field and suffer from the lack of sleep....

On sat, i finally allowed myself to get high and drunk for the 1st time in 2007.

Went to "Dragonfly" at St James Power station, a place supposedly well known for canto and chinese rock music pub/ disco.....but was utterly disappointed by the music and demographics there.

The minimum admission age is 23, but to my horror, uncles and aunties aged 40 and above formed almost 20-30 percent of the total crowd there.

The cover charge is $20, but i was utterly disgusted to know that i had paid $20 to watch a live band performance of '七月歌台' standard. William Scorpion's style of singing has been the same for the past 20 YEARS.....yes, i heard of this singer since i was young (like when i was in kindergarden??), and his dressing and dancing had always given me the '妖里妖气' impression. The female singers looked and dressed too ah lian to be considered 'hot'

In the end, me and my frens left in less than an hour of stay there....and changed our plans to alcohol and ktv at Shenton Way....

I knew i can't sing yet. i did try, and as usual, it was not only horrible, but also agonizing on me and the listeners....and the oni song which suited me dat nite was 伍佰's <被动>...obviously my husky voice suits the song well....The nite was spent drinking 2 bottles of Chivas (by 9 pple), playing bluff wif dice, finger guessing, and some other dice games and if i din remember wrongly, almost half of the gang puked by the end of the day, and we became MERLIONS.....i was one of them, and i allowed myself to get crazy dat nite...since it's reali ONCE in dunno how many blue moons...so i juz went ALL OUT. ZJ, Phang, ML oso joined the MERLION CLUB, while the remainder mainly became the RESCUE PARTY.


I finally got the chance to view the entire original MTV of this song <明天会更好>. i remembered featuring this song on the blog b4. This song was written in the mid 80s if i am not mistaken....Looking at the MTV provided memories of many famous singers of that time, and idols of my elder sisters dat time. I do try to recall all of the singers, but i juz simply cannot recognise a few of them....Here is my list in their order of appearance and their famous songs in my database: The more u can recognise or remember, the OLDER u muz be!!!

  1. 蔡琴 (抉择;情锁 etc)
  2. 余天 (榕树下)
  3. 苏芮(一样的月光;奉献;亲爱的小孩 etc)
  4. 潘越云 (野百合也有春天; 我是不是你最疼爱的人 etc)
  5. 甄妮 (i reali can't recall any of her songs, and in my memory, she always sing songs of other pple)
  6. 李正帆 (i'm doubtful about this...i tink he's the one who sang <龙的传人>)
  7. 林慧萍 (情难枕)
  8. i reali haf no idea who she is!!
  9. 黄莺莺 (时空寄情;哭砂 etc)
  10. 洪荣宏 (i oni remember he sang alot of hokkien songs)
  11. 陈淑桦 (梦醒时分--i always sing this song on the mahjong table when my kakis r dreaming of getting the 'impossible' tiles during the mahjong games)
  12. 娃娃,金智娟 (就在今夜;飘洋过海来看你;曾经沧海 etc)
  13. 王梦麟 (the famous 阿美阿美)
  14. i also haf no idea who dat person is!!!
  15. 费玉清 (i am sure everyone knows him... and his famous 一剪梅;送你一把泥土 etc)
  16. 齐豫(船歌, and her duet wif 周华健: 天下有情人 etc)
  17. 郑怡 (想飞;天堂;心情; 月琴 etc)
  18. 江惠 (this is a surprise! i din noe she started singing so early....btw she's the Heavenly Queen of the hokkien pop arena and her hokkien songs like 感情放一边; 酒后的心情 r reali nice!)
  19. 杨琳 (零下几度C; 玻璃心 etc)
  20. In the final chorus (those i can recognise): 蓝心湄; 杨烈;齐秦; 文章...
Oh no...it seems that i can recognise 17 out of 19 of the solo singers!!

But nonetheless, u haf to agree wif me that this song is so inspiring and nice right???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home