Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thoughts abt my Teachers

Feeling so tired and drowsy now......Felt so bad that i troubled my colleagues to take care of my students from today's noon to tmr. Cannot tahan sia...i was left wif no choice but to carry the mobile microphones to the field to conduct today's practical lesson, juz imagine every few words i spoke was accompanied by coughing....:s

My cousin took the above shot when he happened to go to my former school for a soccer game.

I remembered i told my students about this story of mine which happened during my JC days. I tink i've mentioned b4 that i feel very thankful to haf met many good teachers in my life who had significantly affected my life in mostly positive ways. I confessed that there was once i actually slept thru 3 hours of a tutorial session during my Physics tutorial....Physics was my most hated subject then and i haf always gotten the worst grade for it during JC days, all the way up till the Prelims, my Physics grade was 2nd in class, counting from behind.

I remembered so clearly that though i slept thru 3 hrs of tutorial, none of my friends tried to wake me up, neither did my teacher then, Mdm Chee WW. When i woke up, i realized that the lesson was already coming to an end, and Mdm Chee still did not utter a word of scolding....that had made me felt so guilty after the incident that i actually went to apologize to her personally, and she gladly accepted it. The reason y i'm mentioning her in this post is becos, without her patience and dedication to her students, my name would not be on dat board at all. Without her 1 to 1 tuition to me after my prelims to 9pm at times, it would never be possible for me to obtain a grade jump from E to A in the actual A lvls. Actually, i admit that all my teachers did help me alot during that period, but her help to me had yielded the most results. Unfortunately, many students failed to appreciate her, but i do, even up till today.

Apparently, it seems that i reali sound and look terrorizing to the students. one student made a small, but unexpectedly clumsy mistake during today's practical session, and he got so worried that he asked me whether i will penalise his practical assessment grades! I said no...Probably he'll deserve more credits becos he actually volunteered to do the work, but it resulted in mistakes...but dats not important. becos in my opinion, there's no such thing called "少做少错" I rather they learn from their mistakes, as long as the mistakes are not "delibrately stupid" for attention seeking purpose or 'asking for scolding' kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home