Six Seasons

珍惜拥有的一切 当它依然还在你身边 现在才了解 已过一光年 人为何总要失去挚爱才会懂得去学会 ........(书签) ...my song

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dragon Boat Festival

Life w/o students is still so so so busy. Cos of the planning work required for nx batch of training. No time to post last week cos of my stay in reservist. I'm juz taking a 10 min breather now to post my happenings during the Chinese Traditional Festival --- Dragon Boat Festival aka 端午节 celebration.

I took part in a "Dumpling Making Competition"!!!

but no award one..

This informal competition took place at my aunt's place among 3 teams.

1st team -- 5th aunt and family
2nd team -- 4th aunt and family
3rd team -- myself and my 2 elder sisters

1st uncle and family was appointed to judge for the best dumpling.
during the judging, they were tasked to eat 3 unlabeled dumplings made by the 3 diff teams and choose the one which they tink is the most tasty.

result??

We won!

Let the pictures speak for themselves.



just check it out...we made over 400+ dumplings in total


23 kg of glutinous rice, and 23 kg of Pork!! thats equivalent to half a pig!!! and my uncle bought the 23 kg of pork becos he bought it by mistake when he was actually tasked to buy 23kg of rice...

the traditional charcoal cooking

gas stove to assist the cooking...despite of dat, the cooking of the 400 over dumplings took a total of 9 hours!!! 3hr x 3 batches!


Our masterpiece..this piece was wrapped by me :)

In fact, the dumplings did make me think of one special person....she used to be an expert in this too..

八个春天已过去

现在的你在哪里????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home